There’s a new Pokemon Go update which includes something new called ‘Sightings.’ What changes have been made? How will it affect the game? What’s next for Pokemon Go?
Here’s what you need to know:
The latest updates from the Pokemon Go Team
As reported on the website of Pokemon Go’s creators Niantic, here are the changes in the latest Pokemon Go update:
- Added a dialog to remind Trainers that they should not play while traveling above a certain speed. Trainers must confirm they are not driving in order to continue playing.
- Made improvements to the accuracy of a curveball throw
- Fixed a bug that prevented ”Nice,” ”Great,” and “Excellent” Poké Ball throws from awarding the appropriate XP bonuses.
- Fixed achievements showing incorrect Medal icons.
- Enabled the ability for Trainers to change their nickname one time. Please choose your new nickname wisely.
For those having battery issues, there is a fix for that problem, among other changes:
- Resolved issues with the battery saver mode on iOS and re-enabled the feature.
- Added visuals of Team Leaders Candela, Blanche, and Spark.
- We’re currently testing a variation of the “Nearby Pokémon” feature with a subset of users. During this period you may see some variation in the nearby Pokémon UI.
- Minor text fixes
How the new Pokemon Go Tracker Will Work
On Twitter, Jackson Palmer shared some images and video of the new Pokemon Go tracker, that will soon be available for all players.
— Jackson Palmer (@ummjackson) August 9, 2016
What is Sightings?
As reported by Dave Thier from Forbes, “For most of us, “Nearby” is replaced with “Sightings:” basically the same feature with a higher refresh rate and some grass. It’s more of a stopgap than anything, and a break from the problematic footsteps system.”
The new Nearby feature will roll out to more users over time, so stay tuned for a further update.
Pokemon Go is a worldwide phenomenon
According to Survey Monkey, Over 21 million people are playing Pokemon Go in the United States. This makes Pokemon Go the biggest mobile game in history.
Check out the Survey Monkey chart below:
Read more about Pokemon Go
- FORBES: http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2016/08/09/sightings-isnt-pokemon-gos-new-nearby-tracker-but-the-real-one-looks-awesome/#5bbf6ae91ef1