BACKLASH: 71% Of Canadians OPPOSE Trudeau’s Payment To Omar Khadr


A clear majority of those who support the Conservatives, NDP, and Liberals all oppose Trudeau’s decision to give Khadr $10.5 million.

The continuing outrage of Canadians against Trudeau’s $10.5 million payment to Khadr can now be quantified: A new Angus Reid Institute poll shows that a full 71% of Canadians believe the Trudeau government should have kept fighting the case in court, instead of giving Omar Khadr an apology and millions worth of taxpayers money.

Not only do Canadians oppose the “settlement,” but the poll shows we also don’t believe Trudeau had “no choice.”

Here are some of the important numbers:

  • 71% say the Trudeau government “did the wrong thing” by giving Khadr the money and an apology.
  • Just 29% say the Trudeau government “did the right thing” by apologizing to Khadr.
  • 91% of Conservative voters oppose the payment, 64% of NDP voters oppose it, as do 61% of Liberals.
  • 42% say they aren’t sure whether Khadr was treated fairly, 34% say he was treated fairly, and just 24% say he was treated unfairly.

The poll also shows that when given a choice, 43% of Canadians say they would have given Khadr nothing, 29% would have given him an apology and money, 25% would have given him an apology and no money, and 3% would have given him money but no apology.

And when it comes to whether Trudeau had a choice or not, just 35% believe Trudeau when he says he had no choice but to make the payment, with a full 65% disagreeing with Trudeau’s pretend helplessness. That confirms that a clear majority of Canadians now see Trudeau as a liar when it comes to the Omar Khadr payment.

Vast majority of Canadians say Khadr still a threat

Not only do Canadians oppose Trudeau’s Khadr payment, a vast majority also see Khadr as a threat.

When asked to agree or disagree with the statement, “Omar Khadr remains a potential radicalized threat now living in Canada,” a full 64% of Canadians agreed with it. That compares to 55% who agreed in May of 2015, meaning perceptions of the threat posed by Omar Khadr are rising.

Trudeau has betrayed Canadians

The results of this poll provide numbers to confirm what we already knew: The vast majority of Canadians oppose Justin Trudeau’s actions. This is why he has been desperately trying to blame others for his horrific decision. Even the majority of those who voted for his party in 2015 oppose what he did, meaning he is in big political trouble.

Now, all patriotic Canadians who oppose Trudeau’s disgusting betrayal need to ensure that our country doesn’t forget what has happened here. Trudeau is hoping that the media cycle will save him from the political consequences of his disgusting Khadr payment, so we must keep the pressure on.

This is a defining moment in the politics of our country, and for the sake of our future, Trudeau must face a massive political defeat for his awful betrayal.

Read the full Angus Reid Institute poll here

Spencer Fernando

***

This website doesn’t take any money from the government, and it never will.

If you support my writing and want to help this website grow, there are two ways you can help:

1 – You can contribute monthly to my Patreon, or make a one-time donation through PayPal.

2 – You can share this article


3 comments Add yours
  1. Neither those 71% of Canadians, nor the remaining 29% or the governments they elected did anything to prevent the Khadr situation from happening when we had the opportunity to: like not pressuring the government to seal the border to all Muslims, coming in or going out, right after 9/11 like we did to Germans, etc. during WWII. But then we hypocritically found our collective tongue to pressure the government to bring the troops home from Afghanistan, prematurely, proving that we have one after all, when it suddenly suits us.

  2. The Criminal Code of Canada reads that anyone who “assists an enemy at war with Canada, or any armed forces against whom Canadian Forces are engaged in hostilities, whether or not a state of war exists between Canada and the country, is guilty of high treason.”

    Note the part that says “anyone who assists an enemy at war with Canada”. This “anyone” seems to include Trudeau who has made it his personal and Liberal practice to assist, support and protect terrorists. He even brags about it when he said “A Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian”.

  3. They don’t care what Canadians think. That’s the alarming thing. So how do they think they’ll get re-elected? Is the globalist establishment getting ready to see Trudeau installed next election regardless of who Canadians vote for? There will have to be incredibly vigilant election oversight. Soros plays to win, and now that there’s trouble elsewhere in his world, Canada is surely his pet project.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *